Tis the Season

It is awfully busy over here this time of year, as we're going for homemade gifts this holiday season! However, no one has claimed this one yet (perhaps because it's a little Halloweeny), so I can share it with you!

I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with my favorite zentangle patterns, stamps, and watercolors!


The funnest part about this piece? I had NO IDEA that the purple colored-pencil Ellie picked out at our local art store is actually a watercolor pencil! ...or, at least I think it is. When I painted over it with water, it dissolved into a beautiful, bright, purple pool! Surprise! 

Another not-so-welcome surprise? My favorite black Staedler pen ink does the same thing! It gave this piece a bit more of a wishy-washy watery look than I wanted, but ah well! Now I know that my black pen should only be used on top of the (dried) watercolors! Live and learn. Still having fun over here, and that's what matters!

Stay tuned for some more featured local artists this week!