Stamp It Out!

We're obsessed with stamping lately. It's become a huge focus in my art journals, and I mean... who doesn't love the simplicity of sticking ink on a surface and quickly transferring it to a clean page!

It's quick, and I love the simple blocks of color.

LilBlueBoo.com


In all my Kindle research lately, one of the most valuable pieces of advice I found was to spend time focusing on what you love and then building it into your daily journal page or illustration. I love a lot of things, so I jump around to different designs and techniques.

But ultimately, one of the things I love most is big blocks of color and interesting plays on graphic design and composition -- a painting that is heavy on one side and light and airy on another.

This can so easily be achieved with stamping and wood block prints. Of course, our little art studio is on a tight budget, so imagine my shock, awe, and wonder at finding Lil Blue Boo's DIY Foam Stamps page.

This lovely lady made stamps out of foam. Simple, rustic, beautiful. Be still my beating, artsy heart!

You can read more about her Foam Stamps (here). Also, her Family Art Journal idea (here) is just stellar!